Essex County electric forklifts have made huge improvements in recent years. They forklifts fill a very distinct niche for warehouses and companies who are looking to avoid a loud, dirty environment that is often associated with industrial equipment. Business owners realize significant advantages in the areas of cost, operation and maintenance. Indoor use is essential for Essex County electric forklifts because the clean, dry environment is best for the battery and other features.
Advantages of Essex County Electric Forklifts
Costs of Essex County Electric Forklifts:
When looking a lifetime costs of owning Essex County electric forklifts and hourly operating costs, they can be very appealing compared to other models. Initial costs for battery charger/fueling stations can easily be offset in the medium to long term.
- No fuel storage: Essex County electric forklifts are charged on a charging station, so there is no need for gasoline or propane storage outdoors. Liability is reduced as electric charging stations do not present the same hazards that come with storing liquid fuels on-site.
- No fuel cost: Yes, there are electricity costs involved but they are significantly less than fuel. Fuel prices also fluctuate dramatically, which adds to the uncertainty of future expenses of operating machinery. The electric lift trucks require a recharging of the batteries during the off-shift. Electricity rates are a big component of your cost of operation analysis, but direct comparisons usually reveal significant savings over fuel costs.
- Low maintenance costs: Electric motors do not require the same extensive maintenance routines to operate at peak efficiency. IC engines are more complicated to maintain. The maintenance routine is simpler since a combustion engine is not present.
- Lower cost of ownership: With fuel (electricity), maintenance and operational expenses lower for electric forklifts, your savings will continue over years of use.
Operational Advantages of Essex County Electric Forklifts:
- No emissions: Electric forklift motors do not produce fuel emissions during operation. This advantage is essential when the forklift is used in an area where the ventilation and air movement are limited. There is also nothing to worry about with future EPA emission standards.
- Low noise: Except for the warning beacon, the electric forklift does not produce engine noise or other types of rumbling in the area. Forklift operators are able to hear important sounds that will indicate the need to stop or adjust the load.
- High capacity and stability: Newer model electric forklifts are able to support loads of up to 15,000 lb. while reaching the highest shelf on the pallet rack. A low center of gravity creates stability and can handle loads of varying size and weight distribution.
- Smaller turning radius: A forklift operator will be able to maneuver the machine through narrow areas without bumping into racks, trucks or walls. The smaller turning radius is advantageous in tight spaces.
- Rear Visibility: In comparison to the propane forklift, the electric forklift is slightly easier to see behind the machine. The operator will have better vision when determining if the rear path is clear.
- Simpler operation: An electric forklift operator will make fewer arm, hand and foot movements to maneuver through the repetitive tasks.
- Automatic braking: An operator will notice the braking action that takes place as soon as his foot is lifted from the accelerator. This automatic action reduces brake wear and reduces fatigue for the operator. Breaking also helps recharge the batteries to increase efficiency.
Maintenance Advantages of Essex County Electric Forklifts:
Fewer moving parts means that there are less things that can break down. Without the complexities of internal combustion engines, electric forklifts require much less maintenance. This is always a good thing when managing an equipment fleet. Some specific maintenance advantages are:
- Fewer waste fluids: Electric engines do not require transmission or coolant fluids. Replacing and disposing of these fluids are not necessary.
- Long life for components: Electric forklifts offer many years of trustworthy use on every component. Of course the critical parts like the engine also come with multi year warranties.
- Longer service intervals due to fewer moving parts.
Looking for Quality Essex County Electric Forklifts?
Family owned and operated, EFR Corp. has over 50 years of experience and is proud to be a leader in the forklift industry. Serving New Jersey since 1987, our philosophy for impeccable customer service is what sets us apart from the competition. We are proud to be an affordable “One-Stop Source” when it comes to forklift repairs, maintenance, sales and rentals. Not only do we offer the best quality Somerset County forklifts for sale and supreme forklift repair & maintenance, but we also offer scissor lifts, boom lifts, sweepers, scrubbers, pallet jacks and many other types of material handling equipment. For more information, call us today at (732)249-7757 or visit the website.